AMC Institute (AMCI) is the only source completely dedicated to the needs of association management companies (AMCs). As a member of the AMCI Canada Chapter, you will be provided with a variety of benefits and resources to help your AMC, including:
- New Business Referral Programs
- Education & Networking Events
- AMCI Accreditation Program
- Money-Saving Programs
- Member Directory
Membership Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to be an AMC Active or Provisional Member, your AMC must meet the following criteria:
- My company is an AMC providing a full range of association management services to one or more organizations. (Provisional: 1; AMC Active: 2+)
- My company recognizes the unique mission, goals, structures, and needs of each of our association clients and uses our best efforts to meet these needs.
- My company operates ethically and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- My company accurately represents its expertise, experience, credentials, and services to the public.
- My company manages all client accounts and funds in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) unless a client specifically directs in writing that we account for funds on a Cash Basis.
- My company complies with the non-profit federal tax requirements to ensure that our clients maintain their tax-exempt status.
- My company abides by the policy that prohibit co-mingling of any and all client assets with those of the AMC and any other client assets.
- My company has adopted policies to ensure disclosure to clients of all income received from commissions, finder's fees, and other sources directly attributable or related to each client.
- My company has written agreements with each client whenever feasible stating, at a minimum, the services to be provided, fees and billing procedures, and the term and termination aspects of the contract.
- My company maintains a confidentiality policy with each client either as part of the contract or in a separate written document.
- My company has an evaluation procedure for all employees covering competencies, performance assessment, and professional development.
- My company has in place a comprehensive insurance program that provides minimum coverage where such coverage is available in the state or country where my company is headquartered. This includes:
- Commercial General Liability
- Valuable Papers
- Employee Dishonesty
- Money and Securities
- Computer equipment and data
- Non-owned and hired auto liability
- Worker's Compensation
- Errors and Omissions
13. My company maintains complete and accurate records (property, paper, electronic, contracts,
and materials) for each client.
14. My company agrees to avoid any and all potential client conflicts of interest.
15. My company communicates regularly with each client to ensure we are providing all contracted
services in an effective and efficient manner.
16. My company ensures the integrity and confidentiality of each client's relationship with its legal
counsel and the protection of all privileged materials and information.
17. I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the principles as stated in the AMCI Code of
Ethics and Professional Practices.
Ready to join? Click here to complete the online application.
Please note that each potential member must read and adhere to the AMC Institute Code of Ethics and Professional Practices which is included in the AMCI Membership Application.
Application Processing: Upon receipt, AMCI will review your application to confirm eligibility. This will take 5-7 business days. We will contact you as soon as your application has been approved.
If you would like more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (571) 527-3108.
Interested in volunteering your time to help the AMCI Canadian Chapter grow and thrive? Fill out this simple form and we will be in touch with you as needs arise.