Chair's Update: 2014 Off to a Productive Start
We are halfway through 2014 and AMC Institute’s volunteer and staff leaders are pleased with the progress on our strategic and business plan thus far, and we continue to focus our energies on those activities that are most important to our member firms.
As reported to our member firms via this column in February 2014, the Board of Directors approved the following key objectives of the updated strategic plan:
• Objective #1: Business Development: Expand markets and business opportunities for AMC Institute members.
• Objective #2: Professional Expertise and Knowledge: Enhance the professional service level of all AMC Institute members.
• Objective #3: Alignment: Support the needs and purposes of all member segments.
These objectives are in keeping with our…
Vision: The AMC Institute will be viewed as the leading organization to advance professional and high performance standards for the AMC industry.
Mission: To advance the business interests of member association management companies and the AMC industry.
Scope: The AMC Institute is the trade association representing the global AMC industry.
The Business Plan that supports the strategic plan was approved by the Board in February 2014. AMC Institute is embarking on a path to accelerate:
• Our position as thought leaders
• Brand awareness
• Online Community leadership
• Engagement with our target audiences
• Our ability to generate, manage, and nurture leads
To do so will require a shift in the what, where, and how for the content we develop and curate, and a concerted effort to reach out to and engage externally with both volunteer leaders and association executives (potential clients) and the influencers (allied societies, professional service providers, consultants) that often connect these groups with AMCs.
To accelerate growth, AMC Institute will focus on three major areas in 2014:
• Creating platforms that would put a spotlight on the value of the AMC model
• Leveraging the high level of professionalism, knowledge, and expertise of AMC Institute members and allow that content to be shared within a community of influencers and association executives, and
• Ensuring that all of our members experienced tangible benefits from their affiliation with AMCI.
Next steps include contracting with a firm to support the Market Expansion Advisory Council (MEAC) and the Content Development & Curation (CD&C) Task Force in fulfilling the marketing campaign’s objectives that are aligned with the 2014 business and strategic plan.
Building on our 2013 accomplishments, the Board and Task Forces’ energies are focused on our strategic initiatives to expand business opportunities for our members and position AMC Institute members as THE thought leaders in the association market. Should you have any questions or concerns about the direction of AMC Institute, please contact one of us.
Dede Gish-Panjada Tina Wehmeir
Chair Chief Executive Officer