Membership Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to be an AMC Active or Provisional Member, your AMC must meet the following criteria:
- My company is an AMC providing a full range of association management services to one or more organizations. (Provisional: 1; AMC Active: 2+)
- My company recognizes the unique mission, goals, structures, and needs of each of our association clients and uses our best efforts to meet these needs.
- My company operates ethically and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- My company accurately represents its expertise, experience, credentials, and services to the public.
- My company manages all client accounts and funds in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) unless a client specifically directs in writing that we account for funds on a Cash Basis.
- My company complies with the non-profit federal tax requirements to ensure that our clients maintain their tax-exempt status.
- My company abides by the policy that prohibit co-mingling of any and all client assets with those of the AMC and any other client assets.
- My company has adopted policies to ensure disclosure to clients of all income received from commissions, finder's fees, and other sources directly attributable or related to each client.
- My company has written agreements with each client whenever feasible stating, at a minimum, the services to be provided, fees and billing procedures, and the term and termination aspects of the contract.
- My company maintains a confidentiality policy with each client either as part of the contract or in a separate written document.
- My company has an evaluation procedure for all employees covering competencies, performance assessment, and professional development.
- My company has in place a comprehensive insurance program that provides minimum coverage where such coverage is available in the state or country where my company is headquartered. This includes:
- Commercial General Liability
- Valuable Papers
- Employee Dishonesty
- Money and Securities
- Computer equipment and data
- Non-owned and hired auto liability
- Worker's Compensation
- Errors and Omissions
- My company maintains complete and accurate records (property, paper, electronic, contracts, and materials) for each client.
- My company agrees to avoid any and all potential client conflicts of interest.
- My company communicates regularly with each client to ensure we are providing all contracted services in an effective and efficient manner.
- My company ensures the integrity and confidentiality of each client's relationship with its legal counsel and the protection of all privileged materials and information.
- I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the principles as stated in the AMCI Code of Ethics and Professional Practices.